Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Budgets, and Photographers, and Venues- Oh My!!

     Down the Rabbit Hole I Go!


     Have you ever felt like you are stepping into a dream? Everything is calm with an etherial glow and then all the sudden the dream flips upside down and you feel like you are falling? Well they say that is what happens when you go from fiancé to wedding planner. My feelings are not that extreme--yet. I would like to have a talk with Pinterest though, and find out where the fine print is that they never gave girls like me. The one that states that they really don't help you plan anything ;)... because no matter how many pins you have on that secret wedding board, it will never prepare you for actually planning a wedding!

Planning.


     Zack and I have talked about getting married for a couple years now and what we thought we would want for a wedding-- weeell to be honest I have talked about it while he just smiles at my craziness! We had narrowed down the time of year to the winter because Zack is so hot natured; He "begged" to not pick a time a year that he would have to sweat on our wedding day, I thought this was totally fair ;) With his school schedule it actually worked out perfectly to plan a winter wedding because over the winter break is the longest time off; planning it in that break from school means that we can have a wedding and a honeymoon, without having to wait for his next break. So we have decided to set the date some time around the holidays in 2016.

Venues.


     The craziness of picking a date and a venue has not been too extreme, except for the fact that we are planning to get married in DENVER surpriiiiiise!! With this being a big factor we are trying to go and view some of our top picks we have found while we are with my parents for Thanksgiving, that way if we do like them we can book it for the day we are hoping for-- stay tuned for that piece of info ;)

     We are also looking for a place that will support our party size, and one that does not have a corporate feel to it. This has narrowed my search margin quite a bit, but that can be viewed as a good thing as well. Something that also narrows my search , if I want it to, is the distance from my parents house. A couple weeks ago Denver had a huge snow storm that closed all of the roads in Denver, so with our plans being in winter we are trying to stick closer to Parker.

Photography.


     I have started the search for photographers, probably my most daunting task because I have a specific vision in my head! My key "want" in the wedding would probably be the photography, especially with the wedding being small. The photographs will be the way that we can share our day with those that are not there with us, and hopefully make them feel like they were there. This was my rabbit hole for sure!! I have found a few candidates for our wedding day that I am in talks with, and feel like this will be the first thing that needs to be figured out.

     I can officially say that I found who will be taking our engagements for us!!! I wanted someone that I could trust to do a good job and be flexible with Zack's weekend schedule, and after thinking really hard and contacting a few people whom my friends have used for their weddings, I knew in my heart what I should do. I talked with my mom and Zack we decided it was best to have someone in the Austin area do our engagements, so that we do not have to figure out the travel involved with going to Denver, and have another photographer to shoot at our wedding. I seriously suggest this for anyone who decides to have a wedding in a place other than where you live!

     Anyways I am pleased to announce that the FIRST thing that I have booked is my wonderfully talented friend Haley Ottmann with Haley Ottmann Photography!! :) You can visit her page here!
Zack and I are so excited to share this road with her and are looking forward to getting one step closer to Mr. + Mrs. Roberts!

Family + Friends.


     The plan is for a small intimate wedding with our closest family and friends that have been a part of our relationship from the beginning. This has been a detail that I have wanted in my wedding for about 10 years. I am a designer and know that if I planned a larger wedding it would make me focus more on what others experienced on our day, and not on the fact that I am there to celebrate the day I become Mrs. Zachary Roberts. This detail means that the wedding will consist of about 50-75 people; This doesn't to mean that we don't want everyone to be there to share in our celebration, it's just the only way to keep our guest count from raising exponentially! So if you are reading this and are not there please know that you still mean the world to us and will be in our hearts :)

*  Hope you are enjoying the tid-bits and insight into our plans! Stay tuned to hear more about  *
#TheRoadToRoberts

   

No comments:

Post a Comment