Sunday, January 17, 2016

Friends, Family, & Fiance

New Adventures


Life.


     With the start of the new year we have both started our routines for the year including workout schedules, clean eating habits, school, testing, work, and making time to enjoy this exciting year!

    The past few weeks have been pretty crazy here in Austin! I have gotten back into the FULL swing of work after the holidays, which keeps me pretty busy. Zack has also started back up with school soooo we will stop seeing each other again pretty soon ;) haha I have also signed up to take the last two of my licensing tests in April, which means that I will be hitting the books soon myself! I wanted to make this a personal goal so that I can be completely licensed by the time my name changes! Eeeek!! :)

    We are very excited to start the wedding celebrations in about a month! I have been blessed with great work friends that have chosen to throw Z and I an engagement party, which will be here in Austin. This will be a great way to have a chance to celebrate with friends that will not be with us on our wedding day. We cannot wait to see those who can come and are thankful for Rosalyn, Natalie, Katie, Kaylyn, and Mika for thinking of us and our families! Since this is my first shower I have now had my first experience in shopping for hostess gifts for these ladies as well- and boy let me tell you it can be a lot of pressure! I am a perfectionist, so that does not help me ha ha, and having friends who are different from each other makes you think creatively ;) I have had a lot of fun searching for these items and putting together something to thank them each for their time and friendship; I hope that they enjoy it! 
    

Wedding.


    Updates on the wedding plans include finding my shoes, one small step for woman and one giant leap for woman-kind! This was so much harder than I thought it would be, but being a Railey we want to get things on sale instead of full price (thanks blood line), so I hit the Nordstrom "Half off Annual Sale", of course! I have also been able to set the date for my second fitting now that I have them, because my seamstress was not too thrilled that I came to the first fitting without them- until she found out that I had found the dress the day before- ha ha! I will travel back up in the middle of March for this and to celebrate Henley's 22nd birthday!!! How did that happen??!!??



     Another detail that has started is the HONEYMOON!! :) Zack has taken this under his wing so that it can be a little surprise, although we are looking at a beach! We started to look into Europe but knowing myself I might A. Not ever come back, B. Spend way to much money trying to "go see it all while we are over there." soooo we decided to put that trip off for a couple years after Z graduates so we can save up! 

I am excited to see where he picks, but I am more excited to just start our first adventure together! I will admit that planning a trip out of the country for the first time with out your parents makes you feel like a 2 year old again- "Mom what do I look for?", "Is this good?", "But Trip advisor says this..." haha 

    I am thankful for my friends, family, and fiance!
 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment