Sunday, May 15, 2016

April showers bring.... Wedding flowers!


Florals 


     If you are like me then you have NO idea when it comes to flowers, especially specialty flowers like wedding flowers...(!!) You might even be more like me and think that they are not even all THAT necessary. I do admit that I like the idea of the some flowers but they should not cost more than your catering or dress.

Just sayin'.

     We lucked into a wonderful florist who was willing to work with our "lower budget" in traditional wedding costs, through our photographer Ashley Sawtelle. Her name is Nora Case. I fell in love with the architectural and artistic way that she arranges her pieces. We talked though some of the ideas that we both had that fit with the season and the look that we are trying to achieve and settled on a couple of ideas- for now. A million times over thank you to both of these ladies for what they have already done for Zack and I.


The Vision.



     Although I have no concrete plans to what we will have for our wedding day, we are looking into something similar to the ones that you see in this post. Nora and I will make a date in the fall to go shopping for all the beautiful things in her world.

     This actually reminds me more of the scene from "The wedding planner" where Matthew McConaughey and Jennifer Lopez are walking around a flower mart picking up flowers and castrating statues... who knows we might have the same outcome ;)

     White flowers with a good deal of greenery is what I feel looks most natural, especially in the winter months. I believe that this will make everything look clean & elegant with a modern twist on classic.




      The church we are getting married in is very simple in design, and I would like to enhance that aspect. As all girls these days my pinterest is filled with all of the  possibilities that this means- don't worry most of these are on a secret board so that others following me do not think that I am crazy. Okay, well completely crazy. We are all a little crazy, aren't we?

     I know that whatever actually comes about that I will just adore everything. I cannot wait to talk all of these ideas through in the next 6 months!!! Its still amazes me that it has already been 6 months and that is how long we have to go!! I am so thankful for everyone who has been a part of our process; the love and support that have come from all over is still overwhelming at times.

Thank you for reading and venturing down the sappy road every week :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment