Sunday, September 4, 2016

Welcome to The Main Event

Invitations.


     Designing our invitations proved to be more of a struggle than I thought it would be! 

     Keeping time and cost in mind I started to think about what I wanted our invites to look like. I knew that I would not have time to completely design the suite with my work and study schedules like they are... unless we wanted to make it NEXT December... just kidding... kind of... So I started looking around online and comparing prices and time lines. I knew that it would not make sense to have anyone special make the suite either- because no matter how beautiful they are, they are still only invites, and they will be thrown away-- this realization lead me to Minted and Wedding Paper Divas


     These sites allow you to customize the majority of an already designed invite suite- right up my alley! After looking at all the different options I narrowed down the selections to something that spoke to us & our wedding- simple, clean & traditional, but also have modern undertones- I know that almost sounds like a description of wine doesn't it?? I also wanted Zack's opinion on the invites so I ordered in samples from both sites so that we could both touch/ look/ compare the differences. When the sets arrived Zack's favorites were the letter pressed, simple designed, & rectangular invitations. This differed from my original thoughts to the suite but I am so glad that he said something because it lead to what we have now- which we BOTH love :)



     Once we decided on the suite I started to customize; slowly and surly I saw the design take life, but knowing me I had MULTIPLE people in on this- from the wording to multiple spell checks! One of the options that we chose was to print our guest's addresses and also our return addressing on the envelopes, which made assembling the invites SO much easier for me!!! If you are looking for invites for ANYTHING I strongly suggest Minted and this option.


     Once you purchase you are able to email back and forth with designers on the Minted team to add/ change/ review all of your information and options before you send them to the printer. Each revision I was given two versions of each the invites, the directions, and the RSVP card that they would send to select which version I approved based on feedback I gave. Being type A I went through multiple revisions, so I appreciate that the team putting up with me haha!!

     Once our invites came in I noticed that there was one small issue... They had printed the wrong version of or invites. It was a very minor change-when I mean minor I mean that it said "and" not "to". A change that most people would never notice as my mom said, she even showed a few family friends to prove her point... but me being type A I sent it in for a change. Zack says  that I am now Type A+. Minted was great and sent all new invitations within a week, which was great timing because Zack's bachelor party was coming up!

     
     While Zack was gone at his bachelor party last weekend I put our invites together while drinking wine & watching chick flicks- you know the proper way! I would write a post about his weekend but he went to Vegas & we all know what they say sooo that wont be one I write. I will say that he had a great time and I am thankful that Mike and Jason took the time to go and celebrate with him!!


     Today we sent out our invites! We cannot believe that in 17 weeks that we will have all of the people that we sent invites to surrounding us as we say our vows & start our lives together! Our count down has officially started so that means that my blogs will start to rev back up after a summer of slow planning! 

     Stay tuned for all the inside scoop on my bachelorette party, my bridal shoot, meeting and planning out our florals, wedding ring shopping, the bridal shower, our engagement anniversary, and the holiday countdown to the wedding!!

     I hope that everyone is enjoying these posts as much as I like sharing! 

Wishing you a blessed and safe Labor Day weekend!




No comments:

Post a Comment